“The only journey is the one within.” Rainer Maria Rilke.
Eudokia Thomopoulou was born in Athens, Greece. She has been involved in painting and the arts since her early childhood. After graduating from high school, she went to college to study English Literature and History of Art while working as a Teacher of English.
A few years later, she decided to move to the UK where she became a student at Coventry School of Art and Design and graduated with a BAHons in Communication, Culture and Media studies with an emphasis on Art Gallery Photography, Film studies and Psychoanalysis.
Eudokia started exhibiting her work while working as a professional documentary photographer, a teacher and a communications expert. She then pursued postgraduate studies in Documentary Photography and she also studied Counseling.
The artist utilizes painting, illustration, photography, video art, performance and poetry as a communication bridge between the soul and the material world, seeking manifestations of the spiritual substance of creation.
Exhibitions, projects and performances over the last two years:
- February 2018- Solo Painting Exhibition at MYRO Gallery, Thessaloniki. “Portraits of the Fall and Theosis”. Curator: Paris Kapralos
- December 2017- Painting, group exhibition “Rebetika” at Tsitsanis Museum, Trikala. Curator: Nikolena Kalaitzaki
- June 2017- Photography and Video Art with the DILEMMA band at ΤΑΞΙΔΙ, 9th Visual Arts Exhibition Eleusis, Leonidas Kanellopoulos Cultural Center. Curator: Nandia Vlahopoulou
- May 2017- DREAMS at DOMATIO Project. Painting, performance and music with the DILEMMA band and Giorgios Kontominas
- May 2017- Painting, group exhibition at Δi Eleusis Wellness & Arts Festival, Eleusis. Curator: Aspasia Stavropoulou
- March 2017- Painting- group exhibition. “Between myth and Reality” at Tsitsanis Museum, Trikala. Curator: Lia Koutelieri
- February 2017- Painting, group exhibition at MaLou ART CONSULTING & Gallery, Athens. “The Female form in Contemporary Greek Art”. Curator: Ludmila Hrinchenko
- October 2016- Painting, group exhibition. Le Petit Paris d’ Athènes: « l’esprit d’équipe et les arts ». Curtor: Lia Koutelieri